10 January 2023
Addlethorpe Parish Council Meeting
DRAFT Minutes of the meeting of Addlethorpe Parish Council held at 1930 hours Tuesday 10 January 2023 at St. Peters Hall, High Street, Ingoldmells
Councillors present: Chairman N. Towers (NT), Cllr Roger Dawson (RD), Cllr M Holyer (MH) and Kerry Culley Clerk.
Also present: 8 members of the public.
• Several members of the public requested an update on the St Nicholas/Rectory Lane footpath matter.
• A member of the public asked for an update on the outstanding planning applications
• A member of the public asked about cloudnext.
• A member of the public asked whether the Council were aware of fibre broadband being installed in the village.
• A member of the public asked why the The Laurels was now operating all year round.
146. Chairman’s welcome - The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting at 1950 hours
147. Apologies for absence – Apologies were accepted from Councillor G Escott due to illness.
148. To receive any declarations of interest - None
149. To confirm the notes of the Parish Council meeting held on 13 December 2022 as a true record of the decisions made. - It was resolved to approve the minutes of the above meeting.
150. To receive reports from outside bodies and other meetings
a. To receive reports from LCC and ELDC Cllr. Colin Davie. -Cllr C Davy was unable to attend the meeting
b. Other Councillors reports from external meetings.
i. RD updated the council with regard to a telephone meeting he had held with a member of the Community Planning Alliiance (CPA). CPA were unable to provide legal advice with regard to the planning issues. However, they were supportive of the parish council’s position and suggested forming an alliance of councils along the coast which has been done in Norfolk. It was resolved RD would discuss this further with the Norfolk Alliance co-ordinator and the matter to be placed on the next agenda for discussion. The CPA member would contact Colin Davie direct to discuss the windfarm planning application for onshore power cables.
ii. The members of the graveyard committee confirmed the gravestone testing training being considered by LALC was not required.
a. To receive any updates and discuss the applications for
i. S/022/01844/21 Mill Road – The council were updated this matter is still awaiting for a decision to be made by the planning officer. A further freedom of information request has been made for updated and previously missing information.
ii. S/002/00574/22 Golf club – The council were updated that Cllrs NT and RD would attend the planning committee meeting on 12 January 2023 to object on behalf of the council. Council received a copy of the email sent by Cllr Colin Davie to the planning committee as ward member in support of the parish council’s stance.
iii. Any new applications – It was resolved the clerk would investigate the complaint made by a member of the public about The Laurels being open all year round.
b. To receive and discuss any updates about village size
Council discussed the response from M Gildersleeves and resolved the clerk to write to Tom Ashton as suggested and ask he invite Simon Milson to a public meeting to answer questions about the incorrect sizing of the village. The clerk to write and thank T Aldridge for his email and inform him the council will be discussing the possibility of forming an alliance of villages at the next meeting.
152. Clerk’s report on matters outstanding
a. To receive an update on the Neighbourhood Plan - The council were updated a further meeting had been arranged at Orby at 6pm on 25 January 2023 for the interested councillors of the 3 parishes of Addlethorpe, Orby and Welton-Le-Marsh. The Chair proposed and it was resolved the meeting should be widened out to include members of the public from all 3 parishes who were keen to get involved.
b. Update on councillor email addresses – The account was ready to be set up for this on approval of the invoice being paid.
153. Financial Matters
a. To authorise payment of accounts
i. Clerk’s salary £254.60
ii. Cloudnext £159.99
iii. NALC – reissue cheque 706 for £155.13 and cancel original cheque as this has never been received by NALC
b. To ratify the budget and finalise precept figure - Council discussed the potential increase to the precept if the working budget was increased by the amount previously discussed. It was resolved to increase the working budget by £350 this year instead of £700 previously agreed. The budget was ratified at £6,211 and it was resolved to set the precept at this figure.
c. To receive and approve 9 month accounts for April - December 2022 Council resolved to approve the accounts.
154. To receive and discuss any update for St. Nicholas Close/ Rectory Lane Footpath - Council resolved to move into closed session to consider the above matter in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 as further legal advice needed to be discussed. The Council received and discussed further legal advice. However, the matter is now on hold until the Donor’s solicitor has been replaced in February. To be further discussed at the next meeting should there be an update by then.
155. To receive and discuss quotes for cementing new benches into position – One quote has been received. Council are still awaiting further quotes.
156. To discuss correspondence received – letter from ASTCO re funding from installing a clothes bank. Council discussed being in favour of this provided a suitable location could be found for it. It was resolved NT would look into this.
157. Agenda items for next meeting
• Agree internal auditor
• Discuss possible events for the coronation and the 80th anniversary of the D Day landings
• Set Council meeting dates for the upcoming year
• Include Inspection reports on clerk’s updates
• Discuss Community Planning Alliance recommendations
• Discuss holding a meeting with regard to the incorrect village size
158. To confirm time and date of next meeting – 1930 hours Tuesday 14 February 2023 at the small hall, St. Peters Hall, High Street, Ingoldmells.
Meeting closed at 21.17 hours